Attending your College interview is important! It’s your chance to find out about the College, the course you have applied for and meet your tutors for September.
We want you to do well, so don’t be nervous. The interview is a straight forward chat where you will have the chance to ask any questions about your course and we can find out a bit more about you including your future career goals.
Attending your College interview will help you to know the best way to travel into College and the benefits such as free bus and reimbursed train travel. You will also be able to find out about the support and enrichment available to you at College, including financial help, sports academies and the student voice.
Here are our top tips to nail your College interview:
- Get yourself organised! Know where the College is and how long it will take you to get there.
- Show up on time! Set off in plenty of time and try to arrive at least 10 minutes before the interview time. If you are running late or can’t make the interview anymore let us know so that we are aware and can rearrange an interview time.
- If you’ve got questions, don’t be shy, ask them! It shows that you’re interested.
- Don’t be afraid to show off! You are trying to sell yourself to us so don’t be self-conscious, if you are good at something we want to know about it!
- Do your research. Prepare by reading about the course, so if you want to find out more you know what questions to ask!
- Always be yourself. Act naturally and answer the questions honestly.
- Stay calm, relax and enjoy the interview.
Missed your interview? Don’t worry, you can rearrange it by emailing email@example.com or phoning 01642333601