Our Careers Team, Zara, Phil and Vicky, are on hand to provide you with guidance on the right steps for your future career.
Supporting your future career
We know that deciding what course to do can be a bit daunting. Our Careers Services is accredited by the matrix standard and our team of advisors are on hand to provide free information, advice and guidance to students.
They can help you make the right decisions on your future career path before you come to college, whilst you are on your programme and when you are ready to leave us. Whether it’s dreams of progressing into work, an apprenticeship or higher education, the Careers Team are fully qualified to provide support for individuals from a range of backgrounds into successful future opportunities.
Middlesbrough College is committed to supporting the progression of our students into a wide range of successful destinations after they complete their programme of study; this includes employment, further training or an apprenticeship.
Our careers programme shows what sessions are available for both students and their parents to support this successful transition.
When studying at Middlesbrough College, each student will receive a typical careers entitlement offer which will consist of:
- A minimum of one 45 minute 1:1 careers interview with every student during their time at college.
- A meaningful and relevant work experience placement of between 34 – 315 hours dependent on their course.
- A minimum of 4 relevant employer encounters per year.
- Vocational information, advice and guidance from curriculum staff at interview, enrolment and throughout their course.
- Careers education, advice and LMI sessions as part of their Thrive and 1:1 tutorial programme.
- A 1:1 progression interview which formalises their next steps an tailored Thrive programme which includes CV/Interview workshops, entrepreneurial support, UCAS and personal statement advice, and 1:1 apprenticeship guidance.
Careers Advice FAQs
Further Information and Policies
Support for Parents
Middlesbrough College Provider Access Policy
This policy sets out Middlesbrough College’s arrangements for managing the access of providers to students at the College for the purpose of giving them information about the providers education or training offer.
Opportunities for Access
A number of events, integrated into the College Careers Programme, will offer providers an opportunity to come into College.
A provider wishing to request access should contact:
Zara Proudler, Careers Lead