Diversity overview of Middlesbrough College Staff and Students:
* NB: Appointment of BAME staff is increasing rapidly to 7.3% in 20/21 and, year to date in 21/22 to 15.6%, therefore in time, representation will increase, albeit slowly.
|| Not Known
Equality and Diversity Strategic Action Plan Objectives 2020/2021:
- Educate staff and students on equality, diversity and inclusion (including embedding Black history) throughout the 2020/2021 academic year - Complete
- To understand our service users better and identify improvements to the college environment as necessary during the 2020/2021 academic year - Partially Complete
- To reduce under representation in apprenticeship recruitment by 21/07/21 - Partially Complete
- To understand our staff better and identify improvements to the college environment as necessary during the 2020/2021 academic year - Complete
- To understand our staff better and identify whether a pay gap exists between staff with a protected characteristic of race, disability, and those without, and by age group - Partially Complete
- To remove achievement rate gaps between students aged 16-18 with multiple learning difficulties and those without - Complete
- To remove achievement rate gaps between students aged 16-18 and 19+ with mental health difficulties and those without - Partially Complete
- Increase BAME staff representation throughout recruitment - Complete
Equality and Diversity Strategic Action Plan Objectives 2021/22
- Educate staff and students on equality, diversity and inclusion throughout the 2021/2022 academic year including prominent, college-wide cultural awareness and religion celebrations and inclusion activities.
- Increase BAME staff representation through recruitment 7.3% to 10% by 31/07/2022.
- To reduce under-representation in apprenticeship recruitment (disability from 5.7% to 7% and ethnicity from 4.1% to 8%) by 31/07/22.
- In line with the new commitments of the Race at Work charter:
- Support Race Inclusion allies in the workplace.
- Include Black, Asian, Mixed Race and other ethnically diverse-led enterprise owners in supply chains.
Read the full Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report 2020-2021:
To view this, or the full report in an alternative format, please contact the College's Marketing Team: 01642 333333.