Middlesbrough College Group is committed to providing an environment in which there is equality of opportunity for all members of its community. Our commitment for equality, diversity and inclusion ensures that all who learn and work at Middlesbrough College Group, and potential applicants to the College, are treated fairly and valued for their talents and ability, in all aspects of its activities as an employer and provider of education and training.
Middlesbrough College recognises its legal and moral obligations to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
All Middlesbrough College services, programmes and operations reflect our commitment to and implementation of equality, diversity and inclusion. This is reflected in our core values of driving inclusion and promoting mutual respect and wellbeing for all.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion are promoted across the College through:
- Governance and College Leadership Team
- Achievement of awards and kitemarks
Student induction, Personal Development and Employability Programme
- Training and continuous professional development of staff
- Marketing materials
- Equality champions
- Equality & Diversity Strategic & Operational Committees
Embedded into curriculum planning and delivery
- Additional learning support for students
- Staff induction and ongoing training
- Staff Equality Champions and Student Reps
- Induction of students
- Enrichment activities
- Celebratory and awareness-raising events linked to the College’s Equality & Diversity calendar
Equal Pay Statement
Equality Statement Policy
For further information please contact Lin Barry, Workforce Development & Equalities Co-ordinator.