If you are worried about the cost of Higher Education, it might help to know there are a range of financial support schemes available to help you. Our friendly Student Services Department can offer you advice and guidance on any available loans or bursary options.

Full and part-time students studying a qualification worth at least 30 credits can apply for a tuition loan available through the Student Loans Company. You don't have to begin making repayments on your Tuition Fee Loan until you're earning £27,295 per year. Taking out a loan might seem nerve-wracking, but your credit rating won't prevent you from getting loans in the future. 

Salary           Amount of salary from which 9% will be deducted   Monthly repayment
£25,000 £4,000 £30.00
£30,000 £9,000 £67.50
£35,000 £14,000 £105.50
£40,000 £19,000 £142.50
£45,000 £24,000 £180.00
£50,000 £29,000 £217.00
£55,000 £34,000 £255.00
£60,000 £39,000 £292.00

As well as the Tuition Fee Loan, if you are a full-time UK student you can also apply for a Maintenance Loan from the UK government to help with expenses such as accommodation, food and bills.

Employers may be able to pay part or all of your fees upfront if you ask them. If your study relates to your job, you get to study a qualification that will improve your work performance and advance your career, plus your employer will benefit from a better qualified, more productive and motivated employer. 

All Higher Education students can claim the Disabled Students Allowance via the Student Finance England/Student Loan Company. It is not a loan and does not need to be paid back. 

Eligible conditions include:

  • A learning difficulty
  • A mental health condition
  • A physical disability
  • A long-term health condition
Students can use the DSA to pay for specialist equipment, non-medical helpers or travel costs. For more information visit www.gov.uk/student-finance and search for DSA. Applications open from the February half-term and can take 14 weeks to process so make sure you apply as early as possible!



We can help you apply for the DSA! Please get in touch with the College to arrange an appointment. 


Reece from Student Finance

Meet Reece

Reece is our amazing Student Loans Data Administrator and can help you with everything you need to know about Student Finance! Reece is available to chat if you want to go over anything to do with finance or need help with your application.  

Email Reece


Watch the below video from Student Finance England