3. Work Experience
We have developed excellent relationships with local, regional and national employers and will work with your child to find a business that can provide quality and relevant work experience.
The benefits of work experience include:
- Being prioritised for future job opportunities and apprenticeship vacancies
- Gaining access to some great employers within the local areas
- Enhancing a UCAS application
- Gaining confidence and self-esteem
- Gaining greater insight into the world of work
- Giving their CV the edge over others and helping refine their career choices
Your child will be assigned a dedicated Work Placement Co-ordinator who will visit them and provide support throughout the process ensuring they get the most out of the work placement and that it fits with their career ambitions.
Find out more about Work Experience.
4. Thrive - Personal Development
This is an extensive programme of activities and events running alongside their main study programme that supports your child's personal development, helping them to prepare for progression and success in life, learning and work.
Sessions include skills for employment such as team building, problem solving and collaboration. In addition to topics to help students keep safe and make the right life choices such as first aid, safeguarding and Prevent training and personal welfare.
Thrive also focuses on supporting students into Higher Education and employment through sessions including UCAS application support, University talks and visits, progression opportunities, and employability skills, such as CV writing, interview skills and employer talks.
The College also offers enrichment activities, sports activities and trips and visits.