This accessibility statement covers all webpages on the domain https://www.mbro.ac.uk/.
This website is run by the Middlesbrough College Group. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. This means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels, and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA, and VoiceOver)
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible and we are currently working to improve them:
- not all elements are fully accessible to screen reader software, including images, form labels, buttons, and links
- colour contrasts are sometimes low, which may make text hard to read on some pages
- the page may refresh unexpectedly
- pre-recorded videos do not have captions for speech or other actions, such as facial expressions
- you cannot navigate the whole site with a keyboard only
Here are some of the ways our website is currently accessible:
- some content, including interactive assets, images, list items, and basic written content, is accessible by assistive technologies like screen readers
- you can skip repetitive content with your keyboard
- you can zoom in and out of content across our website
- our pages are structured logically with titles and headers that are descriptive, allowing you to scan content
- you can access our content with a screen reader in the most appropriate language and pronunciations
We also use accessibility tool Recite Me on our website to ensure more people can access the Middlesbrough College website. This tool can be utilised by clicking ‘Accessibility Tools’ in the top navigation bar. Here are some of the ways this tool makes the website accessible:
- Reading text aloud
- Changing the font size and style
- Changing the background
- Enabling a ruler
- Enabling a screen mask
- Enabling a dictionary
- Changing the language
- Enabling text-mode
- Downloading audio files
- Enabling a magnifying glass
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like an accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording, or braille:
We will consider your request and get back to you in 7 days.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you have any accessibility issues with this website that are not listed on this page, or if we could improve our website accessibility, please get in touch with the Website and Digital Lead of Middlesbrough College, Zoe James, on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired, or have a speech impediment.
Find out how to contact us by visiting https://www.mbro.ac.uk/about-us/contact-us
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The Middlesbrough College Group is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is currently partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard
. We are working to change this.
What we are doing to improve accessibility
We are currently addressing the following accessibility issues on our website:
- making all elements fully accessible to screen reader software
- making our colour contrasts compliant with accessibility guidelines, so text is easy to read across our website
- preventing the page from refreshing after a certain amount of time
- making the whole website navigable with only a keyboard
The Middlesbrough College Group is embarking on a new website project which will see a new website for Middlesbrough College. All accessibility issues will be addressed and corrected in this project, with the new website expected to launch in December 2023.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 28th March 2022. It was last reviewed on 1st February 2023.
This website was last tested on 15th March 2022.
The test was carried out by Mediaworks. If you require to see the full accessibility report, please email email@example.com