If you aspire to progress into higher education, the majority of our full 3 year undergraduate degrees require a minimum of 96 UCAS tariff points for entry onto the course.
It's good to know that we give equal consideration to all academic and vocational qualifications including apprenticeships. If you are returning to education after a break, or don't meet the standard criteria, we also take into account industry experience and offer Access Diplomas to act as a stepping stone to higher education.
Examples of how you can achieve 96 UCAS points can be found below.
BTEC Nationals (excluding Early Years) (NQF)
- Two A2-levels at grades AA / A*B
- Three A2-levels at grades CCC / BCD / BBE, etc.
BTEC Nationals (QCF)
- One BTEC National Diploma at grades MMM
- One BTEC National Certificate at grades DD
- One BTEC National Certificate at grades DM plus passes in two Key Skills at Level 3
Advanced Diplomas, Progression Diplomas and Principle Learning elements
- One BTEC Extended Diploma (Level 3) at grades MMM
- One BTEC Diploma (Level 3) at grades DD
- One BTEC Diploma (Level 3) at grades DM plus passes in two Key Skills at Level 3
- One BTEC Subsidiary Diploma (Level 3) at grade D plus one A2-level at grade A
- One Progression Diploma at grade B
- One Advanced Diploma including the Progression Diploma at grade D plus one A2-level at grade B
- One Principle Learning element at grade C plus one A2-level at grade A
Access to HE Diploma
Students would usually be expected to successfully complete their Access to HE Diploma
- 45 credits at level 3 (21 distinction, 3 merit, 21 pass)
- 45 credits at level 3 (18 distinction, 9 merit, 18 pass)
Some of our specialist degrees require specific subjects for entry and these must be included in your tariff points calculation. Not all qualifications are included in the UCAS tariff. If your qualification is not listed below, or you still have questions, please contact our Admissions Team on 01642 333601 for advice.
If you do not meet the standard entry criteria but would like to study one of our full degree programmes, please get in touch. We often have many courses available through clearing and will consider all applications on an individual basis.