IT for Beginners
Are you a complete beginner or looking to improve your basic IT and digital skills? We can help you to develop the skills you need to use computers and the Internet in everyday life.
Our FREE IT Basics course provides essential first-steps knowledge for using a computer, and will improve your confidence and your employability skills.
The course covers:
Basic computer skills, such as:
- Using a mouse, typing on a keyboard, and navigating file systems and menus
- How to create a document in Microsoft Word
- How to use tools in Word to edit your text such as spellcheck, cut, copy and paste
- How to format your document in Word using page numbers, colour, tables, symbols, shapes, borders, images Word art, headers and footers
- How to create and use folders to organise your documents, & save to other formats
- How to print a document.
Plus, essential digital employability skills:
- Essential Internet skills such as web browsing and searching information
- Setting up an email account for job searches, how to send and receive emails, and attach files such as CVs
- Digital Job Search skills: How to search for and apply for jobs using social media; Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
- How to create a CV and write a cover letter
- Online Job Interview techniques - how to nail an interview using Zoom, Facetime etc
Various start dates available throughout 2021.
Eligibility: Must be unemployed, aged 19+ and at Entry Level 3 English. No prior knowledge of using a computer is required for this course.
Get in touch
Call 01642 333 378 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, complete the below form and a member of our friendly team will be in touch!