The college has prepared a full risk assessment, action plan, and implemented associated measures to ensure we comply with government guidelines both as an employer and as an education setting. We are also closely following guidelines for other sectors where our specialist facilities meet those requirements and working closely with awarding bodies to ensure that practical assessments can be modified where possible to limit the time required on site.
Whilst we have taken significant steps to adapt how we work, we will be reminding everyone who enters our site of the role we all have in ensuring safety on site. In this regard, everyone on-site will be asked to:
- Comply with our social distancing requirements
- Wash / sanitise their hands regularly
- Cough / sneeze into a tissue or their elbow, appropriately disposing of tissues after use
- Follow staff instructions carefully
- We are now requesting the use of face coverings as well as social distancing in all key public / shared spaces of the College. We will be asking everyone who enters our sites to wear face masks when moving around internally and until in their classroom, workshop or lunch area. These can be removed where other protection is in place e.g screens to allow for better communication.