- This Programme is a pathway for students to build on their knowledge within the business industry. It is a course designed for learners to improve their academic skills prior to progressing onto a L3 Access to Business course and then on to Higher Education. This course looks deeply into the business environment and how businesses operate, whilst also focusing on building a retail pathway for customer service and allow students to gain the knowledge, skills and behaviours to thrive within these roles.
- The course will include social action projects to allow students to build upon their soft skills that they can use in their life and future career. These skills include communication and interpersonal skills, team building skills, leadership, problem solving and time management skills. These social action projects will be very much student lead so that students can build on these skills with teacher guidance to give support when needed. The social action projects will be designed by students to build independence to better support themselves in their future.
- This programme will have maths and English embedded into the curriculum as well as the opportunity for learners to complete Functional skills in Maths & English to Level 2 alongside.
- Within this programme IT will be embedded into the curriculum to develop students’ knowledge and understanding so that they can utilise these transferable skills into their future career within business.
- Upon completion of the course, learners will then be able to progress onto the level 3 Access to Business course which will further develop their knowledge on business to give them mastery of industry.
Business students will be based within the main College campus, accessing our specialist classrooms to prepare for a career in an office based environment, completing a portfolio of work and gaining experience for progression into a range of business roles such as management, human resources, finance and marketing.
Not sure what career path is right for you? Take the career path assessment.
We understand students may require a little extra help during their studies, which is why our learning support team are on hand to help learners with a learning difficulty or support need to achieve their full potential.
Whatever your age or level of study, we offer a comprehensive support service and bursary scheme to help you through your studies. From childcare assistance to travel packages, we pride ourselves on giving expert advice and support.
We are situated in a fantastic location, just a stone's throw from Middlesbrough town centre. As well as being a matter of minutes from both the train and bus stations, eligible students can also benefit from free travel.