There will be no scheduled lessons on Wednesday 29th November for full-time 16-18 year old students due to a staff CPD day. A Level students will be in college as normal.
This qualification will:
- Focus on the study of mental health and mental well-being to support different occupational areas.
• Offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge and understanding.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to understand:
- Mental health legislation, services and public attitudes and how these have evolved.
- How to support mental well-being through various stages of life.
- Mental ill health, treatment options available and the potential consequences of mental ill health.
- The skills required to work in a mental health service.
We understand students may require a little extra help during their studies, which is why our learning support team are on hand to help learners with a learning difficulty or support need to achieve their full potential.
Whatever your age or level of study, we offer a comprehensive support service and bursary scheme to help you through your studies. From childcare assistance to travel packages, we pride ourselves on giving expert advice and support.
We are situated in a fantastic location, just a stone's throw from Middlesbrough town centre. As well as being a matter of minutes from both the train and bus stations, eligible students can also benefit from free travel.