This Foundation Degree course aims to recruit students who have a desire to work with young people, adults or families in a range of different professional environments and organisations.
The focus of this course is to inform students on work- based opportunities connected to different working sectors in preparation for future careers and employment. In addition, it aims to provide a broad -based underpinning of knowledge & understanding in relation to social and contemporary issues, policy and professional practice.
Career pathways linked to this course are:
- Family Support and Outreach Work
- Health & SC Settings-Support Workers
- Youth Justice & Probation Services
- Youth Work/Sport & Community Projects
- Fire Service
- Prison Service
- A range of Voluntary/Charity Services-MIND/My Sisters Place/CAB/Drug and Alcohol Services
- Local Authority-Housing Organisations
- Local Government Admin Services/Fostering/Adoption Services
- Local Authority/Private –Assisted and Supported Living- Learning Disabilities/ Mental Health/Children
- Looked After by the Local Authority.
This award is validated by The Open University
For information on the OU regulations, fee information, refunds and payment details including annual increases, and accessibility statement please see our Essential Information page.