This Level 3 Certificate course prepares you for a career in the health and
social care sector.
All students will complete the certificate before enrolling onto the extended
diploma. You will have the option to pick a pathway, these include social care,
health studies and heath sciences.
Modules offered may vary.
These will include:
- Human Lifespan Development
- Working in Health and Social Care
- Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care
- Enquiries into Current Research in Health and Social Care
- Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs
- Work Experience in Health and Social Care
- Principles of Safe Practice in Health and Social Care
- Promoting Public Health
This will also include specialist units depending on what pathway
you choose in your second year and a mandatory work placement of at
least 100 hours.
If you have not achieved GCSE maths or English at grade 4 (C) you will
continue to study these at Level 2.