The 2019 Performance Measure Table published by the Department for Education (DFE) in March 2020* shows Middlesbrough College to be a high performing College for school leaver study programmes – based on overall performance including:
- A Level Progress
- Applied General Progress
- Technical Diploma Level 3 Attainment
- Technical Certificate Level 2 Attainment
- English Progress
- Maths Progress
- 16-18 Achievement Rate
- FE Choices Learner Satisfaction Rate
- Positive Student Destinations
Well done to all students and staff!
How did we achieve this?
With excellent teaching, outstanding facilities and equipment, one to one student support and great links to employers.
- Fact - We are Ofsted rated ‘Good’
- Fact - We have an amazing £120 million campus with a purpose built STEM Centre with further plans for expansion with an Institute of Technology hub for the Tees Valley
- Fact – TTE is now part of the Middlesbrough College Group and offers the best technical training in Teesside
- Fact - In 2019 we helped over 2200 apprentices find employment across Teesside and the North East
- Fact - Last year 1300 students applied to University with students going on to Durham, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, LMU and many more
- Fact - 97% of our students' progress on to positive destinations when they complete their college course including higher education, apprenticeships or employment
- Fact – 99.6% overall pass rate for A Level subjects Fact - Our higher education achievement rates are in the top 10% nationally
- Fact - We have invested £1.2million into our IT and computing facilities for students
We are delighted that the hard work of our students and tutors has been recognised in the DFE Performance Tables, 2019.