Gain valuable work-related experience whilst you are a student at Middlesbrough College!
You can never have too much experience and now more than ever it’s important to start getting work-related experience from year one to gain an advantage in the labour market.
Middlesbrough College has developed excellent relationships with local, regional and national employers and will work with you to find an employer that can provide quality and relevant work experience during your time as a student at Middlesbrough College.
The benefits of Work Experience include:
* Developing real work skills and mind sets that potential employers value
* Being prioritised for future job opportunities and apprenticeship vacancies
* Gaining access to some great employers within the local areas
* Increasing your chance of going to university
* Gaining confidence and self esteem
* Gaining a greater insight into the world of work
* Giving your CV the edge over others
To achieve the most from Work Experience you will need to be:
* Motivated, enthusiastic and committed, and really keen to get a head start in your career path
* You will also need to be punctual and willing to attend on the dates and times you agree to
* Finally you should also have a positive “can do” attitude to ensure you achieve your goals
* If you are a full time student aiming to get an apprenticeship, job or progress onto further/ higher education at the end of your College course then Work Experience is a must