Apprenticeships: Employers Information
An Apprenticeship through Middlesbrough College offers a nationally-recognised training scheme, which benefits both the employer and the learner. They have been developed by employers and tailored to meet the needs of specific industries.
An Apprenticeship or an Advanced Apprenticeship enables your employee to work towards achieving qualifications in a chosen skill relevant to their job.
Other benefits for your organisation include:
* Increased skill levels across the organisation
* Enhanced morale and staff retention
* Increased ability to respond to customer needs
* Reduction in the likelihood of accidents or waste
* Structured training relevant to the job
* Increased bottom line.
As an employer, you will play an important role in training the apprentice and there will be three-way communication between you, the apprentice and the College. Ongoing support is provided by both tutors and assessors both in the College and in the workplace.
Middlesbrough College ensures that, alongside the standard training, improvement of Functional Skills, including English, maths and ICT, are included for FREE within the apprenticeship programme.
If your apprentice is under 19 they may be eligible for fully-funded training through the Skills Funding Agency.
How Do Apprenticeships Benefit Business?
* 88% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce.
* 83% of employers who employ apprentices rely on their Apprenticeship programme to provide the skilled workers that they need for the future.
* One in five employers are hiring more apprentices to help them through the tough economic climate.
* Better motivated and more loyal employees - research has shown that an employee on an apprenticeship is more motivated and enthusiastic at work and tends to stay on average two or three years after their course completes.
* Better trained employees who tend to be more confident and assertive.
* More appropriately trained employees - your employee’s job description forms the basis of their apprenticeship so an apprenticeship can be a means of up-skilling in areas like communication, teamwork, and self-development.
Apprentices can be:
* Young people aged 16-18
* Adults wishing to learn a new set of skills (19-24 / 25+)
* Your current staff
How to Apply
For more information on Apprenticeships with Middlesbrough College Employer Services please call 01642 333322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org