Why Choose Middlesbrough College?
There are many reasons to choose to study with us.
1. It’s more cost effective
You can afford to study a Higher Education qualification at Middlesbrough College. We have a range of affordable courses to get where you want to be and we can support you in applying for tuition fee loans.
• With many of our courses being delivered on a part-time basis, lots of our students are able to keep their existing jobs. This fits around their studies and other commitments and means they can finance their degrees through employment.
• Studying closer to home means you will save on travelling and accommodation expenses.
• We have industry trained staff who are experts in their field, outstanding facilities and industry experience which all support you to gain a successful outcome.
• Depending on your individual circumstances, you may be able to claim financial assistance through a range of financial support schemes from Teesside University
• At the end of your studies gaining your qualification can lead to increased earning potential, a wider range of opportunities and a more rewarding.
2. You’ll learn in a state of the art environment
Studying at Middlesbrough College gives you access to an array of amazing facilities that will enhance your learning experience.
• Our real working Mock Fuselage Fly MC provide Travel and Tourism students with an excellent learning base
• A Health and Care Ward is part of a £20m investment in STEM facilities
• Students can benefit from studying in our excellently equipped recording studios, control rooms, music laboratories and radio studio
• A Childcare Centre allows those studying on Childcare Foundation Degrees to experience a real work environment
• Our state of the art 156 seat Theatre provides a wonderful learning environment for our Performing Arts students
• Outstanding sports facilities including a Sports Hall, Strength and Conditioning Suite, Physiology and 3G Astroturf make up our sports department
• Top of the range Catering Kitchens and an open to the public restaurant, Waterside Brasserie provide Catering and Hospitality students with the perfect learning environment to train for a career in culinary management
• A Learning Resource Centre, onsite cafes, a hair salon and fully equipped Gym means you can enjoy some relaxation time around your studies
3. You’ll get support like no other
If you haven’t studied in a while or you’re wondering how your degree will fit around your hectic lifestyle, you needn’t worry. We will support you in developing appropriate skills to balance the demands of study with everyday life and help you through any problems that should arise during your time here.
Access high quality support directly from Middlesbrough College’s Student Services Team or with Teesside University.
• Student Services – A dedicated team of qualified and experienced staff on hand to help you succeed
• Job Shop – providing support to help you with job search, job applications, CV writing and interview preparation
• Additional Learning Support – supporting students with a learning difficulty, learning disability or any additional learning support need
• College counselling – offering support to help students with any difficulties they may be experiencing whilst studying
• Distance Learning – virtual learning environments allowing students to access resources on the move and at home
• Teesside University Student Support – advice with careers, health, disability, enterprise, chaplaincy, counselling and Student’s Union
4. Develop the skills that employers are looking for
Middlesbrough College is committed to enhancing the region’s economic competitiveness by directly aligning our courses to the skills requirements of employers.
• Our close links with employers help us to ensure that our curriculum reflects what is expected in industry – giving you a head start in the jobs race
• Our Foundation Degrees are tailored to reflect current industry trends and are built with the advice and guidance of employers
• The vocational element of many of our Degree level programmes means that you develop your academic knowledge and also learn first-hand through placement opportunities with local employers
You will get to partake in a number of external projects